Monday, December 10, 2007

selfe assessment essay

First of all, I don’t think that I learned every thing in this class because of the language difficulty However; I still think that I learned a lot in this class and has many advantages for me as a student in the school. It also has improved my English in writing.
This class has many have given me many skills in using the library school, database and recognizing articles.

For never tried to find a book in the library I always felt it’s very difficult. Like I remember once before I started college when I was in ALP I asked the librarian about a book and soon when she started telling me the directions to the book I felt very lazy and I didn’t look for it. Any way my point is after taking this class now I know how to read the books numbers and letters and how they are organized. I also learned how to find a book about my topic .By the Haystack Catalog. I also can tell from looking at the begging of the book what is it about and if it the kind book am looking for or not.

Learning about the data base was the most important thing in our class it basically makes your research a lot easier a data base like LEXISNEXIS will give you many options. Such as company news wire serves and so on. And you can also choose the date of the articles that you want to show up weather it is old or new. I also learned how to use the academic search and Britannica online. In the begging I found it so hard to get results about your topic it’s like each time when I type something it says nothing match your topic. However after learning how to type or what to type it started to get easier. So also learn how to formulate a question and to com up with the results that I want for my topic.
Learning how to use the library data base is defiantly a good thin because I’ll need to use it for my school

I also can tell from looking at the begging of the book what is it going to be about and if it is the kind book am looking for or not. I also learned whether the book is popular or trade/professional or scholarly journal. I also learned the different between the MLA and APA and how different they are organized.

1 comment:

Aline said...

As I said in my comment on your final, you've come a long way. In your essay, you've addressed some of the course objectives, but you haven't addressed formulating a question, evaluation, or information ethics.

You have addressed the other objectives and it's clear you've learned a lot.

It's been good having you in class and I hope to see you next quarter.